Saturday, January 7, 2023

Cold Hands

 


I finished installing the bulkhead sheets yesterday. I'm planning on capping the top of all the sheets with an aluminum angle as seen here on the center sheet. I haven't decided if I should fasten it down with wood screws or bolt it on with small machine screws. Either way, I'll use flat head screws and countersink the heads to avoid snags. The sides are 24" high, by the way.


I started cutting parts for the remaining stakes, but my hands were cold from working outside so I decided to make a "hand warmer" for underneath the new electric heater. I'm going to make a pintle hinge for the long leg as shown on the right side that will get fastened to the edge of the hood on the workbench. I'll be able to swing it out of the way and remove it when the warm weather hits. I made it out of stuff I had laying around, so no cost and not much time involved either. Now I've got a place to put my gloves to warm them up, as well as a coffee cup. Plus, the coffee cup should be above the line of fire from any grinding sparks. No need for Geritol when working in the weld shop - I've ingested plenty of iron over the years.

No comments: