Friday, January 13, 2023

New Fireplace


The fireplace guys came and finished the installation on the new insert yesterday, so we christened it by burning a "toy" log. The Duraflame logs and others like them don't throw out a lot of heat but it did warm up the new insert enough that I could turn on the fan unit and feel a difference on my cold feet while reclining in the "sloth-boy" as my brother used to call it. The fan is variable speed and fairly quiet, especially on the slower speeds. According to the brochure, it will put out up to 70,000 btu's. However, the firebox is rather small, so I'm going to have to cut down some of my firewood to be able to use it. We've got some new windows on order also. Between the windows and the fireplace, I should see a huge savings on my heating bill. 

 

No comments: