Monday, January 2, 2023

Table Stakes

 


I had a partial can of flat black paint for the table but there wasn't enough to finish the job. While rummaging around in the paint department I found a can of red with just a wee bit left, so I painted the saw stop/gage to keep it from rusting. I then cut some pieces for the stakes on the trailer and welded them on. I decided it would be best to get the front bulkhead piece fit-up, then do the next two angled pieces. I'm going to need a couple of pieces to tie them to the front and those will need to be angled. I'll get the front one bolted up and just work my way back.


Since it was New Year's Day, I made our traditional meal of Hoppin' John - blackeye peas, rice, green peppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic, celery, some seasoning to spice it up a bit, and some Frank's to taste. It's supposed to bring you good luck on the year - can't hurt, right? Besides it's damn tasty, easy to make and very little clean up. The biscuits were out of a can - zero prep time and very little clean up as well. When I do the cooking, it's simple fare - easy to prepare, filling and a minimum of clean up. Most of the time just need one frying pan and like yesterday, the rice cooker. 

I don't know what stores are open today but I need to go to town on Tuesday, so I'll pick up some paint and the rubber tips for the legs to finish the table then. Maybe work a little more on the trailer today. 

No comments: