Saturday, January 28, 2023

More Manifold.

 


I cut the adaptor plate out, put it on the mill to square up the edges and drilled the holes for mounting it to the manifold. I got to thinking I don't need to taper the top of the plate since I want the car to have a bit of a nose-down rake. I need to make the spacers and bosses for the plate next and then I can weld the bosses onto the manifold. In the photo is a tube of silicon bronze filler rods. Instead of torch brazing the bosses on, I might try TIG welding them on with the silicon bronze rod. Don't know when that'll get done but sometime soon. Cold weather's on the way for next week - don't know if I'll want to spend much time out in the shop. I've got plenty of indoor things to work on. I am going to order the new carb. That way I can be sure of getting the holes in the right locations.

Also in the photo are the angles to top off the sides on the trailer project. Definitely going to wait for some warmer weather to finish that job.

No comments: