Saturday, November 10, 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside


Indeed it is. Woke up this morning and the temperature was in the teens with the wind chill in the single digits.  Snowed yesterday, so I guess winter is definitely here. A bit early for my liking but it'll get nice again some time around April.

Took the Missus in yesterday for a procedure on her back. That seemed to help her some. We'll have to see how things go long range. I, on the other hand, didn't fare quite so well when I went to get the splinter removed from my finger. The doctor decided the splinter was too deep and with the infection it wasn't something that he wanted to fool with, so I'll be going to see a hand surgeon sometime next week. I did get a prescription for some anti-biotics and a tetanus shot. The nurse informed me the tetanus shot is good for ten years. I informed her that at my age this one might be the last one I'll ever need then. That caught her off guard for a second but she was kind enough to tell me I should be good for at least one more after this one. Here's hoping she's correct.

I planned on having my finger sliced open so I cut the parts out for the lid on the tool box cover before seeing the doctor. The splinter is in the middle of my index finger right where I need to grip the handle on the tin snips. It doesn't really hurt to use the finger but the bump is annoying. I'll start welding the lid up tomorrow when it's supposed to be at least 40.

I need to get the snow blower and the tractor ready for the winter. The snow blower could probably use an oil change. The tractor just needs a check on all the fluids and make sure the battery is charged up. The snow blower has a 110 volt starter on it, which is really nice for something I only use a few times per year, if that. I did get the oil and filter changed in the mower the other day. I'll pull the blades off and get them sharpened so it'll be ready come spring. I mowed the back yard and chopped up the leaves, so that's about it for the yard work this year.

Stay warm and have a nice weekend.

No comments: