Friday, November 23, 2018

Turkey Trot


The 5K walk went well. It was a family event for me yesterday - just wasn't my family. My running buddy did the walk with her son and husband, her step-son did the run. I walked with her husband and we had a good morning out. He's a real nice guy and we have much in common. They had a nice crowd for a small town - lots of walkers. Probably as many walkers or maybe even more than the runners. Should generate a decent amount of cash for the lady with cancer. We were very fortunate at our house when cancer struck. Decent insurance first of all, and I was able to be around to take the Missus to the doctors and treatments. Most importantly, however, the type of cancer we were dealing with responds well to treatment. Still a struggle on some days but hopefully the lady the run was for yesterday morning had a bit happier Thanksgiving and the money will lift some of the weight off her shoulders.


Some more Hemi orange things. The oil pump should be about the last thing that gets painted orange. The block, head and water pump will be the "aluminum casting" color. I've got the back of the block painted already and it looks nice - does in fact look like an aluminum casting. 

I've got parts that should be in today. Breathers for the valve cover, air cleaner, water pump, spark plugs, and a couple of other things. I also ordered some welding gear that should be in today - new headgear for the helmet I use for TIG welding, some .040" collets, collet bodies and tungstens for welding up the tool box cover as well as other thin jobs that may come along in the future. I also ordered my self a couple of new fitter's caps, one of which is flannel lined for working out in the shop this winter. I normally wear a Stormy Kromer as my go-to work hat in the winter but it's no good under a welding hood. If I'm going to make any progress on things this winter, I'm going to have to spend some time out in the shop working even if it's cold out. Might as well gear up for it. The caps I bought are custom made, so it'll be a couple of weeks before they show up. In the meantime, I'll keep wearing the regular fitter's cap or a helmet liner.

Last item on the agenda: thanks to the daughter-in-law for putting on the Thanksgiving spread. Job well done! 
 

No comments: