Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. There's a lot that's screwed up in this world and here at home these days but there's still much to be thankful for. All my needs are taken care of - food, clean water, shelter, etc. Most of my wants and desires have been fulfilled or hopefully will be before I die. I doubt that I'll ever be in possession of that E-Type Jaguar but that's still no reason not to be thankful for what I have.

I've got auto parts on order that should be here in the next couple of days so I can continue on the slant six project. I still need a few more parts but I'll get those ordered after I deal with what's coming in. Looking to make a little more progress on the trials bike in the next few days as well. My buddy who's going to do my engine work was supposed to come see me at the college the other day but he had to deal with his mother-in-law's backed up sewer pipe. I'm very thankful that's something I didn't have to mess with, by the way. I've still got a ways to go before I turn the engine over to him but I wanted to discuss a couple of things, plus it's been a while since we've talked.

Doing a 5K this morning, the proceeds of the event are always donated to someone in the community struggling with cancer or some similar life altering disease or event. Again, thankful it's not me needing the help and thankful I'm healthy enough to do the 5K and contribute in some small way to help someone in need.



I'm always thankful when I'm making progress on the projects. Finished up the battery box for the trials bike - especially thankful for the magnetic clamps I bought a while back. They were just the thing for holding the hinge and the latch in place while I was tacking them on. 


The daughter-in-law is cooking up the Thanksgiving Day feast again this year. Last year was her first attempt at feeding the masses and she did a bang up job. Looking forward to sitting down with family and friends and having a wonderful meal later today. Once again, lots to be thankful for. Hope all of you can say the same.

No comments: