Thursday, November 8, 2018

Check-Up

I just finished watching an old cornball movie - Million Dollar Legs - starring Jack Oakie and W.C. Fields. It featured Susan Fleming as Oakies' love interest. She didn't ride a bicycle in the film but she did ride a motorcycle. She was married to Harpo Marx, by the way.

Got my check-up results with the heart doc the other day. All systems go. I do have an appointment to see the family doctor tomorrow to remove a splinter from my finger. It went in a few weeks ago. I jerked a piece of it out when it happened but apparently I didn't get it all. I dug around with a needle a bit but didn't have any luck. I waited for it to fester up and then work itself out but no luck there either. Now I've got a red bump that sticks up about a 1/4". Time for some professional help. I also need to take the Missus to the doctor again - second time this week for her also.

On the plus side of the ledger, I was offered a front axle for my slant six project. It's from a '42 Ford and comes with the wishbone. I checked my Speedway catalog and they have everything a guy would need to set up the brakes and steering for a hot rod or 40's - 50's champ car build. This might be what I need to finalize the direction I'll be taking. I'll be picking the axle up next week.

In the meantime, working on the tool box cover and getting ready to do some painting and general fix-up on the inside of the shack. 

No comments: