Sunday, June 14, 2020

18 Yellow Roses



Don't have 18 yellow roses or any white ones either. The storm blew all the flowers off the potted rose on the porch and the wild roses out back. Not as bad as losing part of that magnolia tree but that's life in the country. I did get most of the tree cleaned up. I've still got a big chunk that's about 8' long. I'm debating whether I should cut it in half with the hand saw and then drag it out back to finish cutting it up with my electric chainsaw or drive the truck down there and load it and the rest of the branches and then take it all in one trip. The big chunk is not all that heavy - I can probably load it by myself without screwing myself up. Maybe I'll tackle that today. That corner's the lowest on the property and I don't want to leave ruts in the yard.


I printed up some more photos the other night from days gone by. Judging by the sweatshirt the Missus is wearing, late '70s. We had lots of fun and laughs back then. I hand colored one of the prints and put it in the frame made from the old cast iron register. The frame and the photo of the Missus compliment each other well. I bought a couple of cheap black frames and hung those up in my "gallery" also. 11x14 frames matted for 8x10 photos. I need to go through some of my negatives from my travels and get a couple prints made up to hang out there as well. Definitely need to get at least one print from Italy.




I had to move the truck out of the garage to get the mower out, so I decided to take a good hard look at the Rebel while I had some room. The license plate light bracket has a junction box built into it for that big gob of wires. However, when you move all those wires out of the way there's room in there for a taillight using the stock lens and I could make up a bracket to hold the license plate light and license plate down there.

The side view looks pretty good without the big ugly taillight on top of the fender. The grab strap is fastened to the seat bracket. I could make a new bracket out of stainless without the grab strap and polish it up or use carbon steel and paint it with black wrinkle paint. Fill in the holes in the fender and Bob's your uncle. Take the passenger pegs off and make new brackets or get a pillion pad and leave the pegs on.

The air cleaner stuff is missing. I checked on Bike Bandit and all of the parts are no longer available. I might check my local Honda shop and see if they have what I need. I measured up the carb for an air cleaner and it's 49 mm. I got the number for a replacement battery so I can see about getting some parts, what it will all cost and if I really want to go this route. As anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows, I've got plenty of irons in the fire now. I'll let this one season a bit while I work on finishing a couple other things. 

3 comments:

Surly said...

I love that picture of Mom. Really reminds me of being a kid.

domestikdeva said...

I think that the Missis should see any pictures that you put up, and have the right to OH NO.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Surly: I didn't take too many B&W photos and most of them were just snapshots but fortunately I had a few of them turn out well.

Domestikdeva: I won't post anything that isn't flattering. Like the one in this post, nothing better than a beautiful woman laughing.