Saturday, June 20, 2020

Planting Time



I ordered some plants and seeds quite a while ago and they finally showed up - half the order on Thursday, the other half on Friday. Most of the plants are perennials that won't require much care - hostas and day lilies. I also got a couple of blueberry bushes and some cantaloupe seeds. It's a little late to be planting the cantaloupe but apparently, everyone was ordering plants and seeds this spring so orders were delayed. I got all the day lilies planted yesterday, the hostas are all bare root so I put them in a bucket of water to revive them and I'll plant them and most of the rest of the things today.

 It was pretty damn hot out yesterday for working out in the sun. My little thermometer had 94 degrees in the shade and I wasn't in the shade. I worked up a pretty good sweat and then came in the house to cool down a bit. Old cardiac patients need to watch the heat, but by the same token, the only way to get acclimated is to get out in it. It usually takes me about two weeks until I'm comfortable with it. I've always been that way but it's more important that I take extra care now. Just like shoveling snow in the winter.

Surly came down and gave me a hand putting the air conditioner in the window. First time I've seen him in too long of a while. I hope this crap goes away one of these days soon. Lots of us grandparents are missing having contact with our families. It's not healthy.

Better days are coming, or so they say. I sure as hell hope so.


No comments: