Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Wheel Rack



I got the rack for the spare wheels made. Wasn't much to it. I drew up a sketch the other day with my cut list, so it was cut to length and screw it together. I'll finish cleaning up the spot for it today and get all the wheels put away. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on the bottom yet. I'll probably make a shelf. I've got some car and bike parts in plastic tubs. They might bridge the stretchers as it is but slipping a piece of plywood or particle board in there won't be a problem. The bottom measures 21 x 48 so I can get a piece that will flop right down on there with a little bit of overhang in the front. Won't even need the saw. I would have got a piece yesterday but the lumberyard wasn't completely open. I stood in the foyer and had to phone my order in and pay with a card. I think that might be the first time I've ever bought lumber with a credit card. I usually pay cash unless it's a big number, then I write a check. If this is what the new normal is going to look like, I'm not going to like it.

I'm in a Royal Enfield group on Facebook. I saw a post about a trip over the Himalayas next year. The price is right at 3 K for the 15 day trip plus you have to get to New Delhi and some other expenses. I think that would be one helluva trip for someone other than me. I don't think I could handle the high elevations. I'd hate to tackle that and then get altitude sickness. I've wanted to take a long distance bike tour since I've been about 18 years old. It's starting to look like that will never happen. Not like I've got much to complain about though. There are a couple of other things left on the bucket list I'd like to check off yet if I'm able - Hawaii for number 50, Spain, Scotland, and the Isle of Man. Cuzzin Ricky says we should go to Alaska one more time also. If the cooties come back in the fall there'll be no travel next year either, so my days as a world traveler might be over. Again, can't really bitch. I've been real lucky to have seen as much of it as I have.

After I get the wheel rack done today, it'll be back on a project of some sort. Not sure what but I'll be sure to give my two hour minimum. Gotta keep on rockin!

No comments: