Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Vacation Day

Pretty enjoyable day yesterday, cooties precautions not withstanding. I took the Missus to get a blood draw prior to her seeing the oncologist next week. A mask was required at the medical facility, so she suited up and I stayed in the car - beautiful day for it actually. The temperature was 75 degrees with a beautiful blue sky above. The bicycle shop is just down the street from there so we stopped and got a couple of things for the chainless bike. This time I put on the mask and she waited in the car. We stopped after that at Walgreens so the Missus could get her passport photo, picked up some dinner and headed home. After dinner I cut the front yard. When I came in from mowing, the Missus wanted some ice cream so we headed off to the Dairy Queen.

Normally this would have just been a regular day in the life. Getting the Missus out of the house safely has become a big deal in the "new normal". I'm doing OK with all of this crap other than the boredom of every day being just like the previous day. Of course our crazy weather here in the mid-west definitely keeps you on your toes. I did get a text from my boss about another job I was getting ready to start on when I took my leave. He was wondering if I could make a prototype at home and then if it works out OK he can have one of the other guys start producing them. I'll probably talk it over with him later today. Making this thing wouldn't be much of an issue for me as long as I don't have to chase parts. I don't want to get too complacent. I do like being the "fixer". Make something that solves a problem and then move on to something else. I don't really care to do much in the way of repetitive work. I do still like getting a paycheck, however.

Be good - to yourself and those around you.

1 comment:

domestikdeva said...

Thanks for the nice day toots.