Friday, June 19, 2020

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised




However, the prelims apparently will be. 2020 is definitely going to be one for the books. Other than securing the perimeter with concertina wire, I'm about as ready as I'm going to be for whatever the second half of the year throws at me - tend my garden, take care of the Missus and play with the toys.

 I am going to resume the welding lessons but not working the day shift at the side gig. It's close quarters in there. If one person gets the cooties, everyone will get it. The boss did show me a job he wants me to tackle on a Saturday. I'm thinking it'll be at least a two day job at first glance but I need to take a good hard look at it. Measure things up and come up with a plan. He bought a big double tub commercial stainless sink unit. Roughly 3' wide x 6' long. I need to cut out the old sink and blend in the backsplash to match up with the new sink, make provisions for another faucet and blend one side of the new unit into the existing work area. Any welding that would need to be done would have to be done by yours truly using my own welder. I can TIG stainless but it's not my strong suit, plus any material I would need I'd have to have on hand ahead of time since I'd be working on a weekend. Something else to think about.

I received a notice about a virtual 5K coming up in about a month. My running buddy and I did the first annual one last year. It looks like you've got a 3-4 day window to do your thing and they have an app that you can use to run the same course as last year that will automatically post your results. I don't have a smart phone so that's out for me but the park where we do our Sunday walks would be good enough for me. Each lap is a mile, so three times around plus a little would do it. My running buddy has a deal that will record the mileage accurately so we could do that. I checked my resting pulse yesterday morning and I'm still under 60 bpm but I could use some cardio work. The local bike race has been cancelled so that's out. There was going to be a 50 mile ride in August but no word on that one that I've seen. I'll check with my running buddy and see if she wants to do the virtual 5K. Might be the best chance we have this year to get another tee shirt.

From Running 'Cause I Can't Fly:

"We never know when our last day on earth will be. So, love with full sincerity, believe with true faith, and hope with all of your might. Better to have lived in truth and discovered life, than to have lived half heartedly and died long before you ever ceased breathing."

- Cristina Marrero

No comments: