Monday, June 29, 2020

Royal Enfield News


I saw an article where Royal Enfield is discontinuing the 500 cc Bullet. The article gives a nice short history of Enfield and the 350 and 500 cc bikes. It also mentions that there's a new 350 in the works. At the price point the Enfields are selling at, the 350 might be a good addition to the small bike market. Honda used to sell 350s by the truckload. Great size for both beginners and experienced riders who don't need or want to wrestle a big bike around or pay for the privilege of having a bike that'll go 150 miles an hour but don't have access to any road that has a has a speed limit higher than 55. Good mileage as well. Something to keep in mind for the future. The low gas prices aren't going to last forever.

The article also had a photo of a 350 trials bike that's a real beaut. Something like that is what I'm shooting for with the Rickati project when or if I ever get back on that one. I did get myself some tank decals for it recently. Not exactly much movement towards the finish line but it keeps me thinking about it. That and the fact that it's only about two feet from the welding bench, so I'm circling around it all the time.

I've been out on my Himalayan a bit lately. I was planning on doing some riding and a camping trip or two this summer but that's out for now. I have put a little over 100 miles on it since it was serviced, though. I'll just keep using it for errands and hopefully things will clear up enough I'll be able to do a little trip to the state park that's not too far off before the snow flies.



No comments: