Thursday, June 11, 2020

Powered Up



Saw these on Facebook. I also got a text from my boss wanting to know when I'm coming back to work. If I go back to work I could fund a chopper build - I really like the one in the foreground in the top photo. On the other hand, I'm really enjoying being home every day, working on things as I get the urge. Maybe just try and scratch the chopper itch with the little Rebel. Or maybe just try and focus on finishing a few things. I do need to finish one of the projects for work - maybe today or tomorrow. No hurry on that one. They were running low on the other pieces but those are done.

I got a little yard work done Tuesday before the bad weather showed up. The Missus volunteered that I should plant a little more grass seed where the new well pipe went through the yard. While that's true, it wasn't really on my radar. Done now though.

Didn't get much of anything else done, though. Hot, muggy, windy and monsoon rains in the afternoon. Power went out several times in the evening. I know the generator works now. It's got a five second delay before it starts up, so whenever the power goes out, just stop what you're doing and things will be up and running before you can count to ten. I was surprised that it took almost a year before the thing actually was needed. I'll still keep flashlights and kerosene lamps around. I don't know how well the electronics on the gen-set are protected against a lightning surge. Belt & suspenders as it were.

The weather looks to be decent starting today and for the next five or so. Perfect for working in the shop. I'll see if I can't take advantage of it.


Going to have to take care of some storm damage also.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Find an Ironhead engine with a title or a donor bike and I have the rest of the major pieces to build a chopper. Frame, wheels, forks, tanks, bars, seat. Just needs a fabricator and machinist. Maybe trade the Honda for one?

Shop Teacher Bob said...

As you're well aware, I've got plenty to keep me busy for a long while, however, I hope to some day build myself something like the one in the photo - maybe bobber style or low and lean Arlen Ness style. If you've got parts, should be no problem locating a fabricator and machinist. Maybe accelerate the training program for the young-uns.