Monday, June 22, 2020

Be A Builder


Photo From Here

As a tradesman and shop teacher, building is the only way. I realize this statement applies on another level as well but builders of things are not destroyers of businesses and statues regardless of their politics.

I finished getting all the plants in the ground yesterday morning. It was much cooler than the previous two days and overcast. While it was looking like rain might be in the works, I watered all the new stuff anyway. And then we got a gully washer about 3:00 o'clock. It was definitely needed. Our soil is pretty sandy so it dries out quickly. The corn was looking a little peaked and the yard had turned mostly brown. We're supposed to get some more rain this week, so that'll be good.

I plasma cut some pieces for work yesterday. I'll clean them up and finish that job today or tomorrow. While I've got the plasma cutter out I want to cut out a couple of pieces for the jitney project. I don't know how well that plasma will hold up in the long run but it sure works well on the thin gauge stuff. I need to pick up the pace a bit on the projects. I've still got some more work to do around the shack along with all the normal chores but I'd like to see the finish line on a couple of things. Might be time to pick one and pursue it diligently.



No comments: