Monday, June 15, 2020

B, S & T


One of the great things about the internet is the availability to find the music you like any time you like, along with instructional videos. The Missus typed in a search on how to cut a bald man's hair and yesterday she gave it a go. Turned out real nice. She bought an outfit that came with clippers, scissors, etc at a yard sale a while ago - brand new for five bucks - and got up the courage to try it out. Next time she'll tackle the beard as well. And speaking of beards, I was doing walkies yesterday at the park and a group of young girls and group leaders asked to take my picture. They were on a scavenger hunt and needed to find a guy with a bushy beard. So maybe it is time to trim the beard. Did four miles, by the way.

I was contacted by a guy I worked with at the high school who has a chainless bicycle. Apparently the bike isn't working properly and needs to find someone to take a look at it. He struck out at the local bike shop and the company who made it is out of business. I told him I'd take a look at it for him but I've never even seen a chainless bike and if the thing needs parts I'd guess they won't be available. He used to work in the special ed department with some severely handicapped kids. Probably qualifies for sainthood - so I can at least have a look at his bike.

Everything else moving right along. Did some more work on the property - Mother Nature is always trying to reclaim what's hers. I've still got plenty to do but it's looking pretty good around here now. Next up is a rack for some bike parts, both push bike and motor bike. I might not get too much done on the motorbike projects this summer but I am going to get the barn cleaned up and organized.

Remember to roll with the punches and keep your powder dry.

4 comments:

domestikdeva said...

I really like this song. Son's pick for Mother son dance at his wedding.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I like the Billie Holiday version as well but this one's my favorite.

Rich in Ky said...

This is one album that completely fell off my radar; I played that one a hundred times or more, years ago. Thanks... just added it to my spotify album list for shop music. I use a free spotify account. Occasional advertising, but still much better than listening to stations on the ol' electric radio. And it's so nice to make your own play list. Discovering new music has pretty much become a non-thing for me. Funny how that works.

Been cutting my own hair since it began thinning back around 2002 or so. Down to 3/8" all around, with some shaping on the edges. My grandson once asked what happened to the hair on my forehead. I told him it all moved to my nose and ears. :-)

R

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Rich: "Moved to my nose and ears." That's just about the size of it.

With all the craziness going on, nice to have some decent music to fall back on. I'm fast approaching 70 and the pandemic has me thinking both forward and backward. Need to get things plumbed up around here for when my time comes but also remember all the good times and people I've known over the years. I've had a great life - truly have been blessed. I don't want to get caught up in all this negativity and fear, so a few short trips down memory lane seem to help keep things in perspective.

Take care -