Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Royal Enfield




Double engined Royal Enfield dragster - how cool is that? I don't  know anything about this rig. I just happened to run across the photos here. I'd like to see the tail end of the bike also.

Here's another cool Enfield: https://www.pipeburn.com/song-of-sosa-a-sosa-metalworks-story/
This one's built around one of the new 650 motors. These 650s seem to be catching on. There are two models, both of them very reasonably priced. Enfield has been pushing them pretty hard. Like the one in the video, Enfield has been getting bikes out to customizers and promoting them hard. They're a big company. You'll see a lot of their bikes out on the road before too long, I'd be willing to wager. I'm pretty happy with my Himalayan. Overweight and under powered but fun little bike for what I do.

I got the wheel rack moved into the barn and all the wheels rounded up. I broke down another one off an old Sprint - another Pirelli MT53 bites the dust. Worked around the shack a bit and on a job for work. I got a text from my boss last evening. I had sketched out a job and looked up all the parts right before I took my leave. There's another teacher that works the summers there and the boss wants me to line him up on making them. I've got some finished parts to drop off and the boss and I can pow-wow a bit about me coming back. The Missus has an appointment with the oncologist pretty soon. I'd like to get her opinion before I commit to anything but I might come in after hours and resume the welding lessons.

Weather's supposed to warm up. I'm going to start earlier in the morning and work a bit after supper and stay out of the heat during the middle of the day. Just keep chipping away at it.

No comments: