Friday, October 20, 2023

Brake Shoes

 


Now there's something you don't see everyday, Chauncy. This was parked out in front of the fire station yesterday. Pretty cool.


The new brake shoes and chain came yesterday. I took the old shoes off the backing plate and cleaned it up - lots of caked on grease and brake dust. The bead blaster took care of it easy-peasy. I do need to get some more glass bead for the cabinet - maybe take a trip to Harbor Freight today and pick some up. Not sure what's the best way of getting the new shoes installed. The springs are pretty stout. I'm going to need some sort of mechanical advantage to open them up enough to get them back where they belong.

I didn't get much done in the shop besides cleaning up the backing plate. Went to the gym earlier in the day, met a couple of friends for lunch, and just as I got home I got a call from a buddy who was in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by. We had a nice visit - I hadn't seen him in quite a while. 

Not the most productive day for projects but a great day of seeing friends. 

No comments: