Friday, October 13, 2023

Update


I'd never heard of Ally Venable until the other day. I saw another video she was playing on - The House is a Rockin' - and was impressed with her and the other two musicians. As luck and YouTube would have it, I found this one where she plays with Buddy Guy. It's a rocker for sure - give it a listen.


No doubt about the contents here. Now that I've got fresh rubber front and rear for the Sportster, I shouldn't have any more big-ticket items for this thing. This is like a government contract. - both cost and time over-run. I'm planning on working on it a bit today so I can keep inching forward.

Hit the health club in earnest yesterday. I took it easy for the most part. No heavy weights but spent 5 minutes on a bike to warm up, 20 minutes on the treadmill, a couple of shoulder specific exercises, and two rounds on the heavy bag. It's rather obvious that I've lost both muscle mass and cardio during the "pandemic" and the last couple of months due to the frozen shoulder. However, I'm making a move in the right direction from a health standpoint and to be able to perform the chores required to maintain the homestead.

Ran a bunch of errands while I was out also, so the day was pretty much shot when I got home. I did get the nesting boxes outfitted with new straw, and some other things done around the shack. One of my stops was at the library to return some books. They had a book sale going and I found a bicycle book and a motorcycle book. The bicycle book is by David Byrne about bicycling in general and his travels on one. The motorcycle book is about a tour of South America. Both of them look to be interesting reads.

Friday the 13th today and there might be some trouble around the country. Don't let your guard down.

No comments: