Sunday, October 1, 2023

Tires

 


I did some more on the Sportster engine on Friday. Things went a little smoother than the previous day. I still need to install the generator and I'm missing one of the pushrod tube clips that spring load the tubes to get them to seal top and bottom. I checked the boxes that came with the bike but no luck locating it -one step forward, two steps back. At this stage of the game, I'm not planning on running this thing until next season, so plenty of time to address the missing part.



The new tire showed up on Friday, Dunlop K81. A "vintage" tire these days but the hot set-up back in the day.


I've been looking for a suitable front tire but the "vintage" ones are all out of stock, at least from the suppliers I've checked. The original Goodyear is a mm90-19, which should be the same as a 100/90-19. When putting in a search for that size, the Shinko 712 comes up pretty regularly. I'm going to continue shopping but the Shinko would be a decent choice. 

Going hiking today and since it's the first of October, I'm going to see about getting signed up with the health club through my Medicare insurer. Time to put some muscle back on and get out to the range for some firearms practice. I haven't shot any since I had my cataract surgery. Wouldn't hurt to find out whether or not I can see the sights and the target.


I don't normally like to speak ill of the dead, but I got a chuckle out of this one.



No comments: