Wednesday, October 25, 2023

What Is It Good For?

 


I saw Edwin Starr live at a local college years ago. If I'm not mistaken, he opened up the show for Harry Chapin. It seems like an unlikely pairing now, but it was late sixties or early seventies. Things were definitely different then. However, war hasn't stopped. Governments are still sending young men off to war but it's becoming more difficult to fill the ranks of the soldiers in our country. Shouldn't be too surprising when the higher-ups have insulted the demographic where traditionally many of the enlisted men have come from along with various other factors. Maybe the wars will stop when young people just stop going. The US doesn't have a very good record of success for the last 50-60 years or so. No point dying for nothing.

Meanwhile back at the shack, beautiful day yesterday. Temps in the low eighties and plenty of sunshine. I mowed the back yard, having mowed the front the day before - probably have to mow one more time this season. I also got the tractor ready to go for snow removal duty. 

I did a bit of engineering on what I need to support the Sportster to pull the front wheel off safely. I think I've got it figured out. Came up with an idea on getting the brake shoes installed without pinching the living shit out of my fingers. I'll find out how successful I am today. Need to get those replaced so I can finish bolting up the rear wheel.

The weatherman is calling for some showers the next few days. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, maybe a local 5K Saturday morning depending on the weather and what I find out at the doctor. I'd like a few more days like yesterday to get a few more things done outside, but it's fast closing in on November, meaning the weather's liable to do anything. Just take 'em as they come. 

1 comment:

Surly said...

I have the tools for the Sportster job. Stop making shit you'll never use again and wondering why you don't have time to finish other shit. Respectfully. XOXO