Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Sportster & Fall Prep

 


I ordered some stainless steel tubing to make the rack for the back of the Sportster. Same stuff as the rack I made for the creamsicle. I worked out a preliminary design the other day but I'm still a little fuzzy on fastening it down behind the seat. The tubing will be here in a couple of days. I'll have the details worked out by then.

Surly sent me some links to suppliers of front tires. I need to make a decision on what I want and buy it and a tube before it's out of stock. I don't know if the availability is a result of supply chain issues, low demand for "restoration" builds, or businesses just don't want to carry much inventory on slow moving items. 

I got the computer part of the health club sign-up taken care of. I'll get to the gym and finalize that end of it tomorrow. I've never been much of a health club or gym kind of guy, other than a boxing gym that is. However, I really need to get some muscle built back up. I'm planning on hitting it two days per week until spring and supplementing with walking, hiking, rucking, and some cardio from skipping rope, race walking and hitting the heavy bag. Diet + exercise = Fountain of Youth. 


The revolution is here now. If you haven't done so, make sure you have food, water, medicines, some precious metals, including lead, emergency items, and security. Get your ass in shape so you can take care of yourself and your loved ones, both people and pets. We had the power go out due to a winter storm a few years back. We did OK but I was just about ready to tap the water heater because our emergency water stash had run out. Takes a lot of water for drinking and sanitation. Either 1 or 1.6 gallons every time the toilet gets flushed.

I do a run-through of the supplies twice a year when the time changes, so it's almost that time. Fresh batteries in the smoke alarms, flashlights and radio as needed. Swap out the Clif bars and ramen noodles in the bug-out bag. Make sure the tractor is ready to go in the fall for snowplow service, including spare gasoline that's been treated with Sta-Bil. 

When it gets bad, and it will, no-one is coming to help you.

1 comment:

Surly said...

The classic ribbed front has been discontinued by Avon. I think Lowbrow bought up a bunch of their stock but they only have 21's. I really think there's also much less demand for vintage style tires.