Monday, October 23, 2023

Rack 'Em Up

 


I finished fabbing up the parts for the rack on the Sportster. I need to finish TIG weld it or silver solder it together, but it came out looking pretty nice. I'll be able to unbolt it without having to get a wrench underneath the fender. The plate that goes against the fender has a rubber strip underneath it. Everything is stainless except the acorn nuts holding the rack down onto the fender, they're brass.

I had to modify the seat bracket to move it forward a bit so I would have a bit more clearance to get a wrench on the rack mount. I finished that up and repainted it. I need to get the new brake shoes installed on the rear backing plate and I can get the rear wheel put back under the bike. Get the chain installed and the rear end should be done. I need to figure out how to support the front end so I get the new tire and tube installed. Pretty close to wrapping it up.

No comments: