Thursday, March 18, 2021

Dog Days of Spring

 


I took the dog to the groomer yesterday. In addition to getting trimmed up, he smells a lot better now. He was starting to smell rather "doggy". Since the groomer is roughly half way to Menards, I headed up there and got myself another LED light for the shop. They had a 7000 lumen on clearance for $19.99 so that's what I got. While waiting for the groomer to finish up with the dog, I made a stop at the high school on the way home to see about retrieving or borrowing a couple things I had left behind. He's going to dig them out and have the students load them up for me in a day or two. 

I needed to get a blood test, so I got that taken care of at the place conveniently located across the street from the high school and then picked up my corned beef and cabbage dinner. Really tasty and a bargain at $10.00. Easily enough for two meals.

After picking the dog back up I hung the new lamp in the front of the shop. The 7000 lumen is much better than the 10,000 lumen one. It's still plenty bright but it's possible now to look up without blinding yourself. The 10,000 lumen one I installed in the back of the shop. I had to replace a ceramic fixture for an incandescent bulb with a duplex receptacle and put in a couple of screw eyes for hanging the new LED but it didn't take too long. The new light really lights up the back of the shop. Everything worked out rather well.

It's going to be a lousy day today - cold, windy and rainy. I'm planning on working on the taxes a bit, so I may or may not get out to the shop. Need to get back on the projects but cleaning, organizing and improving the working conditions is going to help with my output considerably.

No comments: