Saturday, March 20, 2021

Jigs & Fixtures

 


I went over to the high school yesterday morning and got some of my junk I had left behind. In addition to what's in the truck, I put a couple other things in the storage space. The items on the left in the photo are my frame building jig. The wooden box in the right rear is full of various bits and pieces to align and fixture parts for the different bikes, both powered and push bikes, I've built or worked on over the years. Surly and a couple of his buddies have got some things cooking that this will facilitate.  

In the foreground on the right is the "Mitey -Mill" attachment I got with a Kearney & Trecker mill I had for a short time years ago.


It looked like this one. The milling attachment in the truck is designed to clamp to one of the round bars on the top of the mill, increasing the versatility.  It's good for light duty work like cutting keyways. It's probably worth a few bucks to the right guy - be nice if I could find him.

After picking up the load I spent the rest of the day piddling around on odds and ends - graded the lane, made some southwest style veggie soup in the crock pot, picked up some downed branches, replaced the photo eye in the post light out front, and messed around in the shop some more. All things considered, pretty good day.

No comments: