Saturday, March 27, 2021

Back's At It Again

 Went to the chiropractor yesterday morning. I was starting to feel the warning signs of an impending lock-up. Hard to get much done when that happens.


Probably why the back is screwed up - dancing like this back in my high school days.


Or maybe it was the Twist. I never did any off-roadin', so that can't be it. But if I was going to, this would get me there:


Parnelli Jones' Bronco I saw in an e-mail from Vintage Motorsport magazine. It'll be on the auction block in May at Indy. I went by the local Ford dealer the other day and didn't see any Broncos on the lot. If I don't find the lost key for my pickup pretty soon, I'll be visiting the dealership for a replacement and I'll be able to get the skinny on when the new Broncos should be arriving. I'd like to test drive one of them.



I did get back in the shop later in the day. I got a bit more work done on the engine stand for the SR500. I ordered some steel I needed to finish it up. I could have gotten that locally but I needed some stainless rod for the jitney project that he doesn't carry, so I padded the order with a few other things. Moved forward a few steps on the Rickati as well. I shortened up the fender a bit and fit the rear loop. I bailed out after that since I didn't want to overdo the back. I'm planning on working on the bike some more today. 

I got the battery ordered for the Himalayan - it's supposed to be here on Monday. It's coming by way of Fed Ex, so who knows how that will work. I don't have much faith in that outfit.


And one of the sure signs Spring is here, the magnolia trees are starting to bud out. As long as we don't get a freeze, they should be really lovely this year. I haven't taken a close look at the fruit trees. Hopefully they'll have a good year as well. 


No comments: