Thursday, March 25, 2021

Chopper Neck & Things

 


Surly and one of the grandsons came down again yesterday. That meant the grandson didn't have to share the motorbike with his brother, which made him extremely happy. Surly needed to use the mill to complete the front end components for a chopper he's helping to construct. The neck will end up on the frame building jig he took with him the other day. A couple more of his buddies will be constructing the frame and doing the welding. I told Surly to let me know when they get to the bending and welding. I'd like to check that out.

The frame on the outside of the neck assembly is the start of an engine stand for another of the SR500 motors, This one is not designed as a work stand but for storage. I've got a similar stand for a Sprint motor and it holds the motor safely and makes it easy to move around if need be. When I get this one done I'll make a stand out of 2x4s that will allow me to stack the motors one on top of the other at my storage space.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Osceola Dragway is closing down - made a few passes down that strip years ago on a bike I made for a guy. 

I read the previous post and found several errors. I usually write the post and then re-read it in the preview mode. The post wouldn't load up in the preview mode so I skipped the proof reading step - not good. I corrected the obvious mistakes.

No comments: