Monday, March 1, 2021

Bit of This - Not Much of That

 

'No one starts out on top, you have to work your way up. Some mountains are higher than others, some roads steeper than the next. There are hardships and setbacks but you must not let them stop you. Even on the steepest road, you must not turn back. You must keep going up. In order to reach the top of the mountain, you must climb every rock.'
- Muhammad Ali

----------------------------------------------------------------


Stopped by the storage unit to grab the cases for the SR500 on the way to meet up with the group from the boxing club yesterday. We had a few runners and a few walkers. I would expect to see a few more as the weather warms up. However, with no fights on the horizon and the Covid concern still out there, don't know if the nice weather will be enough to get them out to do their roadwork. Normally the Golden Gloves would be starting in just a couple of weeks and everyone would be training hard getting in shape and getting their weight down. 

I'm planning on getting the head for the engine stand welded up today. I'll bolt the cases together, tack the pieces together, finish weld it and then paint it. Maybe take it and the stand over to the storage space after the paint dries and get it set up. I need to go out anyway to drop the parts off for the side hustle.

I hooked everything up to run the computer in the shop but no go. Each of the plug-in units has three lights on the front of them. All were lit up but when I logged in to the computer, no go. Windows does a diagnostic check and it came back as no valid IP address. It's supposed to be just plug and play. I knew that was too good to be true. I sent off an e-mail to tech support. I'll see if that does any good.

Today's supposed to be the coldest day of the week but still above freezing. Since it's going to be warmer, time to start working more hours in the shop and getting out on the bike. I did walk four miles yesterday, though. If I add in some strength training I'll be good as gold. Or good enough for a seventy year old dude who doesn't have an event to train for either. 

No comments: