Sunday, March 21, 2021

Tax Time is Zither & Guitar Time!

 


I was watching TCM yesterday morning for the Film Noire show and The Third Man was the featured movie. I've seen the movie at least a half dozen times and I always thought the musical score was pretty cool. The host, Eddie Muller, always does a lead in and a summary of the featured movie giving some insight about the writer, director and others associated with the production. This time he explained about the musical score and how it was played only on one instrument, the zither. Pretty interesting story about the composer as well.


TCM followed up The Third Man with the movie Go Johnny Go!. A couple of decent soundtracks to listen to whilst finishing up my tax prep. Playing a guitar just like a ringing a bell? Yeah, Chuck was all over that.

Here's another Chuck Berry cut from the movie - one of my favorites, by the way.


Besides being one of the founding fathers of Rock & Roll, the dude was one helluva showman! 

I did finish up most of the tax prep in spite of spending some time dancing around the kitchen table. I just need a couple of numbers on real estate taxes and insurance the Missus needs to find for me and then I can drop everything off with the tax lady.

Didn't get much else done yesterday after putting the tax stuff together other than doing walkies. My running buddy is usually in charge of the group but since she wasn't available I was the man of the hour. Good day to be out walking or running or most any type of outdoor activity. Great way for spring to come rolling in - blue skies and temps in the sixties.. 

No comments: