Wednesday, March 17, 2021

They Put The Royal in Royal Enfield

 


Saw a post on a Facebook group I belong to about a land speed record that was set by a Royal Enfield 650. A very impressive 132 mph for a bike that is relatively close to stock. The link will get you the whole story.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, more interesting late winter weather. Sunday was cloudy and a bit breezy but temps in the fifties. Monday we had blowing winds, freezing rain, sleet and ended up with a coating of what looked like they dumped a sno-cone all over the ground so I just stayed in the house except to get the mail and take care of the chickens. 

Yesterday was warmer with temps in the mid to high thirties under mostly cloudy skies. Not a great day but good enough for me to get out in the shop and hang up the new shelf brackets, install the shelf and put all the goodies I had previously boxed up on the new shelf. I also installed an old Cordomatic work light back there as well. 

eBay photo

I don't usually do much work in the back half of the shop since it's not heated but my sheet metal stuff is back there and I've also got a bike on the stand back there so having a work light might be handy. I also cut out a piece of aluminum and annealed it for making a rear fender for the SR500. No need for that currently but if I feel spunky one of these days I might start on it. I'd like to get half way proficient as a metal shaper before I die and there's only one way to get better at it and that's practice.

It's supposed to be warmer today but turn crappy later this evening with more rain coming in. Looks like it'll be nice on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with temps in the sixties. That's what I've been waiting on since about October. I've still got a little more organization to take care of, so after I get the dog to the groomer I'll work on finishing up that and then get back to the bike and/or car project. Maybe break training and get some corned beef and cabbage.


No comments: