Sunday, March 28, 2021

Rickati

 


Worked on the Rickati project a bit yesterday. I'm not totally satisfied with the mounting of the rear fender yet but I'm not real sure what I can do to get it right. I want to keep the fender at the height in the frame where it is now to keep the seat height low. It looks good at the back but the radius doesn't follow the radius of the tire that way, crowding the tire in the front. I'll give it some thought today and see what I come up with.

I need to modify the exhaust pipe a bit - that'll be pretty straight forward. If I get the fender situation figured out today, I'll take the seat pan over to the upholstery guy Monday or Tuesday. I found some shocks that'll work, so I'll get them ordered this week also. 

The seat cover for the jitney that was back ordered from Jegs should be here soon. Should be a good week for the projects, with the battery for the Himalayan and the steel order scheduled for delivery this week too.

No comments: