Friday, March 5, 2021

HD & TVI

 



When I was out on Tuesday, I stopped to see TVI, who's blogging again by the way. He recently retired and wants to get his old Harley together. He wanted my opinion on a frame modification but he also tossed out the idea of modifying the gas tanks. He wants to turn his 3-1/2 gallon tanks into six gallon ones. He's not really concerned about the capacity but he saw a pair like that many years ago and liked how they looked. I'm relatively certain I could do the job justice but I don't know if I really want to tackle it. He won't be ready for the tanks for a while, so I could do them next winter but I'll have to have a couple more of my own projects done first. I keep hearing the clock ticking louder and louder all the time. 

I got the shelf built and hung up yesterday so I can hook up the computer. I've only got a duplex receptacle to plug it into, so I'm going to install a larger box so I'll have at least four outlets. I need one for the Powerline box, one for the amplifier unit, one for the computer charger if need be, and one for my electric pencil sharpener. I should probably go six so I can plug in a small light under the shelf and leave one open for any tool I might need to use on the bench.


Now that I've got music, no excuse for slackerism.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Those tanks of his are worth a mint as they are. He might wanna think about that before chopping them up. Also, I have a donor tank he can have.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Years ago he saw a set on Harry Molenaars sidecar rig and liked the way they looked. Harry said they held six gallons and a friend of his had welded them up for him. I know little to nothing about the big twins, especially the value or rarity of parts. I'll mention your comment to him next time I see him.