Monday, March 15, 2021

Let There Be Light

 


I had a two bulb fluorescent fixture quit that was hanging from the shop ceiling. I bought a LED replacement but couldn't find one like the other one I replaced a couple of years ago. The one in the photo is rated at 10,000 lumens. I had no idea how that compared to the fluorescent fixture but after hanging it up the new light is almost too bright. I'm thinking about getting one a little less bright and hanging this one in the back part of the shop where I have a taller ceiling and the need for a bit more light. I've got a Sprint on a stand in the back I'd like to get closer to the finish line. I have noticed the cataract operation has made things brighter but more light would be better.


I made the shelf brackets for the back of the shop. The shop has a three foot straight wall and then has laminated beams forming the upper walls and roof in the shape of a Gothic arch. Because of that you can't just go to the home supply and buy off the shelf brackets, especially since I want a shelf about 2 feet wide. The beams are on 3' centers, so I bought 8' shelf boards that I'll trim about a foot off giving me roughly 6" of overhang on each end. I'll hang the two end brackets then pull a string line to find the height for the center one. I've got most of the items I want to put on the shelf already organized and boxed up. Now that I've got better lighting and organization, back on the projects.

No comments: