Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Cinquecento


The odometer rang up 500 miles on my ride yesterday. I started the year with 384 on the clock. I'd probably be close to 600 by now if it hadn't been for all the rain we got this spring and catching the cooties. However, I went to the doc yesterday and everything is looking good except the A1-C. I need to work on that, but no surprise there. I went to the gym Monday night for a workout - first time in over two years. I didn't actually work out much while there. I talked to Jimmy and his dad quite a bit but I didn't plan on doing a whole lot on my first night back.


I found a better photo of the ladder bar type radius rods I'm planning on running on the jitney. Makes things a little more clear. I started on the rod ends for smaller top tube, figuring I could knock them out before my doctor visit. I would have too if I hadn't screwed one of them up. That's a rarity for me - not that I'm a cracker-jack machinist - it's just that I'm old, the machinery's old so I try to plan the job well and then take my time to get things right. But nobody's perfect. I should be able to finish them up today.

Hot like a firecracker yesterday. 99 degrees without the heat index. It wasn't too bad in the shop with a fan blowing on me. I'm planning on getting out early today for my bike ride before it gets too hot again. This is the dangerous kind of heat. Stay cool and hydrated. Don't over do it. 

No comments: