Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday # 35

 


Number 35 was at a Christian High School. I don't remember if I ran it or walked it - probably walked it - but I won a pint glass, which I found somewhat ironic. The school's sports teams are called the Knights, so the pint glass has a picture of a knight and info about the run. The shirt's made from a technical fabric so it doesn't get much use. Hot sparks or chips will melt it to your skin. No bueno.


Cuzzin Ricky brought his trailer over to have some D rings installed. I welded eight of them on. Rick ground the paint off, I welded and we both shot some bull. I should have chipped the slag off before taking the photo but the beads with 6011 electrodes are never very pretty. They're just the thing for this kind of work, however. 


After we finished the trailer job, I finished the barrels for the spring shackles. Pretty easy job here. Face them to length, drill, ream, done.


After that one, I put fresh glass bead in the blaster and cleaned up the clamp plates for the rear spring. The threads on the U-bolts are too far gone, so I won't be able to use them. The threaded section on them is 9/16", not a real common size at a hardware store. Since that's what the clamp plates are designed for, rather than U-bolts, I'll probably make something up just using bolts. Maybe not. I'll see what I come up with for a cross member and then take it from there. The important thing is to keep making pieces and progress.


And in news from the garden, we've got some baby watermelons on the vines. I don't remember what variety these are but I'm hoping it's a nice sweet one.

No comments: