Monday, June 13, 2022

Filler Job

 


As is my usual Sunday routine, I watched the Noir Alley movie on TCM in the morning, read the paper, surfed the 'net a bit and then went for walkies. In between the movie and walkies, I usually try to find some small job that needs to be done. The Missus was cleaning out some drawers and came across the blue flashlight in the photo. I don't know how long since it had last seen daylight but the batteries were dead and they had swollen up to the point they wouldn't come out. I drilled a hole in the first one and screwed in the hook seen in the photo and then pulled it out. On the second one, I drilled the hole with an extra long drill bit and then made a little extraction tool out of a piece of TIG filler rod. That one came out hard but just like the Mounties, I always get my man. After going through all of that, I think the best is to just junk the thing and buy another one like the black one in the photo. I bought a couple of these before I had my cataract surgery since things had become pretty dark. Even though I've had the surgery, I still find myself reaching for it on a regular basis. It's a Coast G20 Inspection light.  

The walkies went well. I'm guessing about three miles at the arboretum again. Beautiful day to be out in nature. I shot up a roll of film while there. I used my Mamiya twin lens - 120 B&W film, so only 12 exposures on the roll. I'll see about developing the film one of these days soon and if I've got a couple of decent shots, print them. I think my chemicals for printing should still be good. I'll need to make up a fresh batch of developer for the film. Now that the weather's decent, I'll see about setting up the 4x5 for taking the tin types from the kit I bought a while back.

Hot weather this week but I want to get back out on the bicycle and back on the jitney. There's a couple of things on the calendar for the week but nothing that should keep me sidelined from the projects.

No comments: