Sunday, June 5, 2022

Nothing Really

 


That's just about the size of it. I got all of the plants in the ground or potted up but the Missus decided we needed some rose bushes, so I still have to do something with those. We took a bit of a road trip Friday and picked up some strawberries and the rose bushes. The strawberries came from a farm out in the country a ways. A couple of young girls were manning the stand - gonna be a couple of heart-breakers in a few years. On the way back to the highway there were four more riding two up on a couple of horses. Nice being out in big-farm country.

I got out on the bicycle yesterday for the first time since the cooties struck. I put in six miles without any real difficulty. My breathing is kind of sketchy still. Seems like I can work pretty hard without a problem but then I'll be short of breath just getting up off my knees like when I was planting flowers. I checked my resting pulse rate yesterday morning right after waking up - 55 bpm. Couldn't hardly believe it was that low since I haven't been doing any cardio for a while. Now that I can get back out on the bike, I'm going to start building up the mileage base once again and lose a few pounds. I've got an appointment with the cardiologist in about a month. Be good to drop five pounds before I see him and then shed another five after that. 

Going to get back on the jitney project this week. It's been at least a month since I've done anything on it. Time to turn up the wick. 

No comments: