Friday, June 10, 2022

Elder Abuse

 


I patched up the frame on the Ranger yesterday. While I was underneath it the radio announced that it was International Elder Abuse Day or something. Seems like I picked a good day to work on the little rust-bucket truck. When he dropped it off, for some reason we looked at the other side that I had patched previously and found another spot where the frame had broken. So I ended up fixing both sides, with the usual headaches working underneath a vehicle with flaky rust everywhere. Elder abuse, for sure.

They changed the weight categories for amateur boxing. Light heavy used to top out at 178, heavyweight 201, super heavy 201 +. Now light heavy tops out at 176, and they added another class up to 189, cruiser weight. Right now I'm at 180, so I'm a cruiser weight, which sounds a lot better than a heavy weight, but to get down to light heavy I now need to lose 4 pounds, minimum. Be nice to see 170 again but that's going to require some serious dedication. Not sure if I've got that in me any more.

I called Speedway Motors yesterday morning. The quick change rear I wanted for the jitney was discontinued and they have no more in stock. The other one I was looking at is cheaper but truck freight will cost $450. I was thinking of Cuzzin Ricky and I driving out and picking it up and then continue on to visit my brother out in Kansas. I'm going to dig a little deeper and see what I can come up with before making the arrangements.  

No comments: