Thursday, June 23, 2022

Green Eggs & Ham

First off, Sam is my wife's nickname. Secondly, the two new chickens I picked up not too long ago lay green eggs. And last, but not least, the missus was cooking herself ham and eggs last evening, so we had green eggs and ham, Sam-I-Am. We don't get too many Dr. Suess moments around here, so we cherish them when they come around.

The magazine I couldn't think of the name of the other day is Traditional Rod & Kulture. I found a stack of them and the back issues of Garage magazine on a shelf in the shop. After looking at the back issues of Traditional Rod & Kulture, it's been quite a few years since I had purchased a copy and now I find out they went belly up in 2019. Since I'm building a car and have a couple more on tap, I'd like to find a magazine that caters to home-built, traditional rods and tasteful old school choppers - daily drivers, not trailer queens. However, as long as I got both stacks of magazines off the shelf, I'll peruse them for a little inspiration on the jitney project and the old coupe I hope to get finished before I die.

I finished up the second set of rod ends for the radius rods. No mistakes this time. They came out looking as good or better than the first two, so I'm happy. I ordered the tube I need to finish them and a piece of bar stock to make the "barrels" for the spring shackle mounts as well. I'm not sure what I'll work on while waiting for the steel to come in, but there's no shortage of things to choose from. 


The annular cutters for the new mag drill came in. I made a frame for my bender and sheet metal shear a while back. I'm thinking I could make a plate to bolt on to it for the base of the mag drill to latch on to, and then I'd have a solid platform when using it. Now that I've got cutters, I'll take a few minutes one of these days to see what it would take to make something up.

The weather was about ten degrees cooler yesterday than the day before, so it was a little more pleasant to be out in the shop. We could use some rain, though. I've been toting water for the plants every evening, keeping them going but the grass is getting kind of crunchy when you step on it.

No comments: