Friday, June 17, 2022

An Excellent Article That's A Must Read

 

I came across a link to a very good article at Knuckledraggin My Life Away. The article addresses the issue of how important a mastery of the skilled trades is for a free people. The article is a little on the long side but it's definitely worth 5 - 10 minutes of your time. It can be found here. Read it and take it to heart.

I started on the pieces for the ladder bars for the jitney - spent a little time on the design of the end pieces of the radius rods that will bolt to the rear end and then did the preliminary lathe work. Next stop is the mill and then back in the lathe to finish them up. I'm hoping to get them finished today but I need to replace a couple panels of the sky light sheets on the big barn roof. The weather tomorrow looks to be about ideal for getting up on top of a sheet metal roof, so off to Menards today to pick up supplies. 

No comments: