Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #33 With A Side Of Politics

 



I went out for a bike ride yesterday morning - it was already getting hot by 9:00. I got my six miles in just the same. When I came home I turned on the TV for some background noise while eating a late breakfast to find the second installment of the inquisition was on. Apparently there is no end to the bile coming out of the Capitol towards Donald Trump. Now there's talk of filing charges against the former president. They must really be afraid of that guy, or maybe they're just sending the message to any other would-be pretenders to the throne. 

I read an interesting editorial in last week's The Epoch Times by Victor Davis Hanson in which he states:

The disaster that is the Biden administration has been a godsend for Trump. Had President Joe Biden simply plagiarized the successful Trump agenda, no energy crises, no hyperinflation, and no disastrous flight from Afghanistan.
 
Had Biden followed through on his "unity" rhetoric, he could have lorded over Trump's successful record as his own, while contrasting his Uncle Joe ecumenicalism with supposed Trump's polarization.

So if someone would have told Slo-Joe to just sit there and don't touch the dials, we'd be A-OK. But like in a cheap sci-fi movie, he grabs the controls and starts twisting the dials. It could have been so easy, and most people wouldn't have cared much if they cheated on the election at that point. What a bunch of bozos.


Drug the fuel cell out of storage yesterday. I've decided to put a little thought to the placement of the parts on the rear end even though I haven't got a rear end for it. 


I screwed together some wooden vee blocks and attached them to a saw horse. The centerline of the pipe resting in them is at the same height as the front spindles are with the frame sitting level. The radius of the rear tires is two inches taller than the front tires. With that difference, plus the extra weight on the front end, I should end up with a little nose down attitude when it's sitting on the floor. 

The pipe stand the radius rod is sitting on is the base for my one shop seat. It normally has an old motorcycle saddle bolted on to it, but my other pipe stands are too tall, so I made a new pipe with a piece of angle welded on top.

The plan here is to construct one side of the rear end of the car as it should be using the pipe laying on the saw horse. It's smaller in diameter than what the actual differential will be but it's a simple matter to open up the brackets to accommodate whatever the diameter needs to be on the real deal. I wanted to get a little more done yesterday but it was about 90 with the humidity about the same. The mats on the floor and quite a few of the big chunks of iron were sweating just about the same as I was, so I headed for the showers. 


There's not much I can say about this one. I don't remember how I ended up with it, some promotional thing I would guess. It's been around at least ten years, since I was working at the high school when I got it. I do remember that much. I don't have a Solid Works CAD program, or any CAD program now. I learned Auto Sketch years ago to facilitate my making motorcycle parts on the CNC mill when I worked at the career center. However, I no longer have easy access to a CNC, so I don't really need a CAD program. I'd like to have a small CNC in house, but I'd have to make customer parts to justify the expense and I don't want to go down that road.  

Hoping to squeeze in another bicycle ride today, maybe a motorbike ride to make a delivery and then some more work on the jitney. 


No comments: