Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #41

 



Last week's shirt was one I didn't have and this week it's one from an event I signed up for but didn't compete in. That's a pretty rare event for me but my running buddy and I had signed up for the run before Bazooka Joe won the Indy Golden Gloves. Joe and I had to leave for the national tourney in Louisiana on the morning of the event, so I made arrangements to get my shirt picked up and called it good. Going to be heading out to Tulsa soon for another national tourney. By the way, Bazooka Joe fought last Saturday night with the same outcome as he had in Louisiana, split decision loss with many folks thinking Joe was the victor.


I got an email from my brother from a different mother the other day. He said he was rummaging around in his garage looking for something and came across these collectors he used to run on his Camaro at the drag strip back in the day - that day being 1978. I made these to his specs and he said they worked well. He got his best mph with these on the car. I've been making parts for a long time.


I finished machining the coupler for the upper radiator hose on the jitney the other day. Quite pleased with how it came out.


Finished hose looks good. Should work as intended also. About time to see about making some header tubes, along with a ton of other things on the car and around the shack. 

Had a delightful visit from a former student and his wife the other day. He's a railroader, both professionally and as a hobbyist, so I sent a care package home with him with some of my stuff. In addition to being time to finish projects, it's also time to downsize a bit. I'll go through some more of my railroad stuff and put another box together for him. He can pick through it, keep what he wants, pass the rest along to some of his railroading buddies, or throw it in the firebox of the locomotive he's been involved with.

------------------------------------------

Brief political item to chew on: The senate passed a bill over the weekend that spends a pile of money that will be printed out of thin air on the pretext it will reduce inflation. While I appreciate the humor in their naming of the bill, what I don't find especially humorous is the fact the bill contains funding to hire 87,000 IRS personnel. Especially since I read "The IRS has stockpiled five million rounds of ammunition and spent $725,000 on bullets this year". They planning on collecting taxes at gun point now?

No comments: