Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Box & Belts

 


I got the bracket for the steering box tacked on yesterday. I bolted on the box using the top bolt as a pivot, leveled the box off the output shaft, clamped it, and then tacked welded it in place.


I also tacked on the brackets for the lap belts. I had made these up a while ago but couldn't locate them until I had the seat in place. 


The two shoulder belts are sewn together after going over my shoulders, so I'll only need one tab on the roll cage cross tube for mounting. However, I won't be able to tie down the shoulder belts until I have the roll cage done. The belts should be on a 20 degree downward angle after crossing over the shoulders. That means I'll have to cut a couple of holes in the back of the cab similar to what's in the seat. Maybe just one wide slit. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

The auto parts store had to order the radiator hose I need. Not much of a surprise there. That outfit doesn't seem to carry much inventory. I think they go by the motto "If we don't have it today, you don't need it until tomorrow." However, there's another auto parts store that just opened in town. That makes five now, so if I needed something in a hurry, I could probably find it at one of the other places. I'll get the hose and some clamps today along with the sheet for under the seat while I'm out. Steady by jerks!

No comments: