Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #43

 


Souvenir tee shirt from my recent trip to Tulsa. Since this is the 43rd tee shirt I've posted, it's pretty obvious I didn't really need another one, but why not, right?


Here's the crew from Tulsa - Ethan the 156 lb. contender, Shop Teacher Bob, and coach Jen, who is also my running buddy. We've got some things to work on with the boy, but I think we can get him back to the Nationals in Pennsylvania next year. He weighed in on the low end of the weight bracket, so he can afford to put on some more muscle. He also needs to work on his hand speed and foot movement. 



We visited the Tulsa Historical Society Museum while we were there, and this was playing on the speaker inside. 


The museum had a nice collection of artifacts. I really dig the pinstripe overalls. I used to have to wear a hat like the one in photo when I worked at KFC years ago. However, it was paper rather than cloth.



Route 66 - "The Mother Road" - runs right down main street in Tulsa. When cars started becoming popular back in the early 1900s, Tulsa was positioned in the right place at the right time. You can't run cars and trucks without petroleum products, in spite of what the crazy bastards in Washington keep telling us, and Tulsa had plenty of it. Lot of fortunes made back then from the oil industry. 


And they weren't cheap when it came time to build houses of worship. There's a bunch of them in a relatively small area downtown and they're all impressive structures. This is the second Methodist church we saw. 

I caught some kind of bug when I was there. Initially, I thought it was covid again, so I ran a test, and it came back negative. Just some kind of old fashioned cold, I guess. I was hacking and coughing starting on Saturday afternoon, a little less on Sunday and pretty much OK on Monday. My throat was a little sore still along with my ribs from all the hacking. I probably would have been fine if I had been out among the "unwashed" a little more often than what I have been the last few years. Apparently my immune system isn't up to snuff these days. Definitely need to get out more.  

No comments: