Monday, August 1, 2022

Want A Teaching Job?

 


This is a screenshot that was included in a Facebook post one of my former colleagues at the high school put up the other day.  I haven't researched what someone would have to do after being hired, as far as working towards a degree or a traditional license, but apparently all you have to do to get a teaching job now is just show up. It's going to be a real interesting school year. I can't imagine all of the teaching positions being filled in the next two weeks, even if they hire any mope that shows up. These new hires won't be on the same pay scale but I don't know any of the details on the money or benefit package. Yep, going to be interesting.


Worked on getting the steering box on the jitney squared away yesterday. I made a bracket a while back but it needed a little tweaking. It hangs down below the frame rail and has two bolts for the box, but I needed to drill through the frame for the top bolt. The box is threaded for a 7/16 bolt, so I machined a spacer to weld in the frame - 7/16 ID x 5/8 OD with a 1" flange to weld around on the outside. The spacer will prevent the bolt from trying to squeeze the sides of the frame tube together. 

I'll keep picking away at things. I need to grind off a little material on the one shock/headlight mount. Need to see about getting the brake lines hooked up on the front and make a panhard rod also. 

No comments: