Thursday, August 25, 2022

Thursday Thoughts

 


There was a Mickey Rooney movie on TCM Tuesday that featured Louis Armstrong along with Jack Teagarden on the trombone. I'm not familiar with too many trombonists, but I'd hazard a guess most everyone in the know would rank Teagarden right up near the top.

From Here

And for additional proof, look no further than your gas can. But now, Slo-Joe wants to forgive up to $10,000 of student loan debt for people who never grasped the two most important economic concepts they should have learned in high school, opportunity cost and compound interest. I've got nothing against getting a college education, I just don't feel that I need to pay for theirs. I managed to get three degrees all on my own.  And since the country is flat broke and the government will have to create more money out of thin air this will just add to the already exorbitant inflation rate. Whores for votes - that's all they are. They damn sure don't care about the working man.


Meanwhile back at the ranch, the little kitchen garden is producing a bumper crop of salad tomatoes and peppers. My cold or flu has pretty well subsided. Still coughing just a bit but the soreness in the back and ribs from all the hacking is gone. Only left with the normal aches and pains a guy who has abused his body over the years has to deal with on a daily basis. The Missus has come down with covid, however. The symptoms are different than what I had but she's a sicky just the same. 

I've got to mow some grass and catch up on a couple of things around the shack still but I'm back on the projects. The youngest grandson was here the other day asking about the vintage trials bike. He's been riding a little dirt bike and wants to give the trials bike a go. I don't want to put the jitney on hold but it would be nice to finish the bike. I'd like to give it a whirl myself.

No comments: