Friday, September 23, 2022

Header Progress

 


I finish welded most of the tube joints on the header yesterday. I'll finish the rest up today. Some of the welds look a bit sloppy, but I'm going to grind, sand and file until they all look good. I went to Harbor Freight on Wednesday to get the little pneumatic belt sander they sell, but just my luck, the store I went to had just sold the last one. I might try going to another store this weekend and picking one up. The lady at the original store told me the other stores had them in stock.

I contacted Jet Hot to get a quote on getting it coated. Surprisingly enough in this day of lousy service, they got back to me right away. They've got several different options, none of them are cheap, but if I get all the welds cleaned up well, their Classic Polish finish should look really good when bolted up to the old Slant Six - shine like a diamond in a pig's ass.

I've got another meeting with the financial guy today. He's supposed to have some ideas and some numbers for me. I think what I should have done before starting the jitney project was get it a Social Security number and claimed it as a dependent. I had a fairly good idea what this project was going to cost me but I hadn't banked on the inflation factor. However, with the way things are going, might just as well spend the money since every day now it's worth less. Thank you so much you beautiful people in the District of Criminality. 

Big changes in the weather this week. A couple of days in the nineties, followed by a couple in the sixties. I'm doing another 5K in the morning. They're calling for a slight chance of rain, which means it will probably be cloudy and cool. Perfect weather, as long as the rain doesn't develop. This one will be in a large cemetery. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Surly said...

What did they want to coat it? $400. ish would be my guess. Which ain't bad for something that will last for a very long time.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

#436 for the classic polish or the satin sheen. That includes return shipping with $1,000 insurance.