Friday, September 2, 2022

Header Progress 2

 


I didn't spend a lot of time in the shop yesterday, but I got a decent start on making the header tubes. I spent some time in the morning trying to locate the remaining tubing I need. The auto parts store I usually do business with can get the tube but it comes in 10' lengths. I checked Speedway Motors and they've got what I want but shipping is $43.00 dollars - just a dollar less than the cost of the tubing. I've decided to get the stuff locally. It'll cost me about the same as Speedway but I'll get twice as much tubing. I might be able to use the extra someday.

The U-bends showed up yesterday, so I've got enough to get a good start on the job now. It's supposed to hit 90 degrees today - just a couple more than yesterday. I'm certainly not a big fan of the hot days, but I'll try and get at least the tube for cylinder #1 tacked together. I'll then know where the collector should be located and can make that. After that, just fill in the rest of the tubes and make the tailpipe.

No comments: