Thursday, September 1, 2022

Header Progress

 


The exhaust tubes need to stay close to the bottom of the intake in order to clear the starter. I'm going to tack a piece of angle iron 6-1/2" above the height of the frame rail that I'll use to support the outboard ends of the tubes. The tube coming from cylinder # 1 will have a 90 degree bend on the end of it and will get welded directly to the small end of the collector. The remaining tubes will have a bend on the end and will get welded into the side of the collector. I've decided on the big end of the collector being 3" in diameter. I'll make a couple of flanges that will bolt the 3" straight pipe to the collector. The aft end of the straight pipe will have a bologna slice on the end or a turn-out. Hidden muffler inside the pipe, a rubber mount for the aft end of the pipe, and Bob's your uncle. I should have put a little more thought into the whole operation before I ordered the tubing. I could have ordered the 3" tube and a piece of 1-1/2" straight tube and saved some shipping expense. I probably can get those locally, however.

No comments: